Been a while!
I don’t have a lot to blog about because I do almost zero things these days, but for fun, here we go…
- Family came to town. We ate a lot of brisket, saw some music, did the Austin things. Good visit. I like my family, which is lucky, because you don’t get to choose family.
- Yesterday I deadlifted 180 pounds! Once. I tried to do it twice (was shooting for five times, actually) but there was no fucking way. Try try again. Deadlifting is my favorite weight thing because it’s the only one where I get to put the big weights on the bar.
- I have a new story idea that I like. We’ll see how it goes. Making the book happen means actually writing it, and that seems like a mountain of a goal. I wish I could click my brain back to where it was when I wrote Spanktastic and Social Service. I kicked those suckers out in like six weeks–both of them. I’d crank out a chapter in Social Service, then write a short story, back and forth.
Back and forth forever:
- Mister Blue is done with me. I am sad about that. It’s weird to be sad about something concrete instead of just overall sad. I wonder if I’ll ever have a life that doesn’t hurt.
- Austin weather is bi-polar. A few days ago it was 80 degrees. Last night the pipes in my building froze because now it’s ridiculously cold and I can never remember to keep the faucet running because I grew up in the midwest where pipes are insulated and generally don’t freeze when it’s only slightly below 32… In a few days, it’s supposed to be sunny and 70. How do plants survive this? I feel like it must be confusing for them. And for the birds and things that live outside.
- I watched part of the Oscars. I haven’t seen them since I was a kid, but I like the Ellen lady. I liked that everyone seemed to be having fun.
Fellow bloggers, I haven’t been keeping up with you. I will soon! And I hope you’re all well.